Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Love Lane, Georgetown









We flew out of Bangkok yesterday. Couldn't see anything from the plane- the smog was so thick. Bangkok was full on. I quite enjoyed it but think I'll like it more once I'm not so green. We flew into Penang yesterday evening. The island looked so beautiful. It was so clean and green. However, the city isn't quite as pretty, but it's really interesting.

We are staying at SD Guesthouse on Love Lane. There is a reason why it's called Love Lane- lots of lovers about- not all so savoury! Georgetown in a bit crazy- open sewers and no footpaths and you are constantly watching out for mad motorcyclists. Little yellow lizards scurry everywhere.

Tonight is Chinese New Year. Kids were letting off fireworks in the street last night. Toby was jumping! We've been told to stay put and party tonight. There are big celebrations in Chinatown tonight, not far from our lovely guesthouse.

I woke up very early this morning. Still adjusting to the jetlag. The birds outside our room were so loud, the fan thumping above me, the heat, the humidity. Totally disorientated. I really need to buy a watch!

No comments: