Friday, February 15, 2008

Schnorkelling









6 nights in the Perhentian Islands. No cars, phones, internet. Just beaches, bbqs and diving. Maybe a little too much diving- I just finished my Open Water PADI dive course. I am now certified to dive. It was a little scary at first and then as I got more confident- it ruled! All set to tackle the Similan Islands next. While I spent 4 days doing the course, Toby lay in a hammock the entire time.

We met some cool people- Rutger, Matt, Cleo, Lewis and Louise. We all stayed at Ideal Guesthouse in Kota Bahru and then caught the ferry out together. Ended up all staying at Maya Chalets. Good times. Lewis has become our inspiration in hard times. When confronted with any situation- just bitch untill you get what you want. We ask ourselves- what would Lewis do?
We also met some Dutch girls who amused us no end with the way they prononced 'schnorkel'.

It was hard to leave. We got pretty comfy there. Spent 13 hours yesterday on boats, in taxis, buses and mini buses and on our first songthaew. It was a long day and I've never been happier to crash out in a spartan hotel room.
I feel all nostalgic for the Perhentians already.

No comments: