Friday, February 15, 2008

Stop. Hammock time.



As Sonya is writing right now beside me we spent the last week on a beautiful island off Malaysia called Pulua Perehentian Kecil. Its a pretty sleepy place, no cars or roads and the place was even quieter as the island doesn't officially open to tourists until March so half the places were still clsed and cleaning up after the monsoon season.

Sonya spent the week learning to dive and I got into a leisurely routine involving walking around, swimming and lots of lots of time in the hammock reading and watching the island spring to life. Beautiful. Towards the end of week I went on a few dives with Sonya which was awesome and we're going to try and dive again at the Similan Islands in a week or so which all the dive instructors on Perehentian said was the best place to go.

I better go, we're off to Ao Nang today, more beaches and islands and awesome thai food. Did I mention I'm loving the food?

No comments: